Dear Fellow Alums and Friends of Princeton University:
We are sending this annual letter to bring you up to date on activities of the Princeton Association of Northern Ohio (PANO). How great that we are finally able to get out more and keep ORANGE and BLACK in our lives!
We have three events planned this summer:
- Princeton Prize in Race Relations Ohio Region will recognize six exemplary high school students whose efforts have advanced racial equity and understanding in their schools and communities across the state. July 28 – 8:00 PM via Zoom.
- Urban Studies Fellowship reception will honor this year’s intern, Dillon Gallagher, a rising Junior at Princeton. August 9 – 4:30 PM an in person event at the Union Club.
- Picnic for new admits to congratulate Hudson Hightower of St. Edwards; Jonathan Rosenberg of Twinsburg High School; and Tyler Hong, Jack Jennings, and Ferenc Somogyi of St. Ignatius! August 15 – 4:00 PM at my house, 22401 Shaker Blvd, Shaker Heights, 44122.
It is time for PANO to make our annual appeal to ask for your monetary support. As you are aware, we receive no financial support from the University and rely on dues and contributions to finance our activities. Please click on this link to renew your membership.
We continue to:
- support the Princeton Book Award program throughout our area,
- plan programs for alums that include speakers from campus as well as local leaders,
- support College Nights to introduce Princeton to high school students,
- award the Princeton Price in Race Relations,
- hold events for the Princeton Women’s Network,
- host a summer event for matric’s and current students,
- finance the Urban Studies Fellowship.
We encourage all alumni to join us in these projects. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carl Greppin ’87, President